PJ Goes to Camp - Summer of 2015
INCREASING YOUTH ATTENDANCE AT JEWISH CAMPS is a goal of the Harold Grinspoon Foundation (HGF). That is why, in partnership with the Foundation for Jewish Camp (FJC), HGF has designed a program to encourage families to send their children to Jewish overnight camp for the first time.
PJ Goes to Camp is a funder of FJC's One Happy Camper program. PJ Goes to Camp offers incentive grants of up to $1,000 towards first time camp tuition for PJ Library participants, siblings, and alumni.
Learn More about the Program
Please read the information that follows to find answers to most questions about PJ Goes to Camp and/or One Happy Camper. If you have questions that are not listed on this page, please contact PJ Goes to Camp by sending an email to email@example.com or by calling 413-276-0735. If you call, please note that the large number of calls makes it likely that you will be asked to leave a message on a voice-mail system. Please leave a phone number AND e-mail address where you can be reached.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
To be eligible to receive an incentive award, a camper must be:
1. a PJ Library subscriber, alumni or sibling of PJ Library subscriber or alumni who was enrolled in PJ Library on or before September 1, 2014.
2. a resident in a community that is currently or has never been a participating supporter of the One Happy Camper Program. (Residents of a community that withdrew from the One Happy Camper program are not eligible for a PJ Goes to Camp incentive.)
3. attending a non-profit Jewish overnight camp in the summer of 2015 for the first time. First time campers are children who have not attended a Jewish overnight summer camp in this or any prior year for more than 12 consecutive days.
4. registered for camp (listed on www.onehappycamper.org/findacamp) prior to submitting their application for a PJ Goes to Camp incentive award. Campers must be enrolled for a 2015 summer session to be eligible for these incentive awards.
Incentives are available to residents of the United States and Canada who meet all other eligibility requirements. Families may enroll more than one child if each is attending camp for the first time. Each child must be separately entered into the lottery for day school students.
PJ Library children fortunate to live in a community that sponsors a One Happy Camper program will be directed to their community program prior to being considered for a PJ Goes to Camp incentive.
PJ Library children who live in specific areas of Western MA, Northern CT, or Southern VT may be eligible for special campership incentives directly from the Harold Grinspoon Foundation. Please check at www.hgf.org for regional camperships.
JEWISH DAY SCHOOL GRANTS:
Children from throughout North America who currently attend a Jewish day school and who otherwise qualify for a PJ Goes to Camp incentive are eligible for a LIMITED NUMBER of PJ Goes to Camp day-school incentive awards. Because of the high demand for these awards, they are distributed by lottery. Please read the section below titled "HOW TO APPLY - Campers who attend Jewish day schools" for special application requirements for day school students. Day school students interested in receiving a PJ Goes to Camp incentive must register for the lottery through www.onehappycamper.org by November 9, 2014 to be eligible to receive an incentive grant for the summer of 2015.
Previous recipients of a PJ Goes to Camp of any other One Happy Camper incentive are not eligible to receive an incentive for the 2015 camp season.
WHICH CAMPS ARE INCLUDED?
All of the more than 150 non-profit Jewish overnight camps in North America listed on Foundation for Jewish Camp's website.
HOW MUCH MONEY ARE THE INCENTIVES?
The PJ Goes to Camp grants will be awarded to first-time campers attending a camp listed on www.onehappycamper.org/findacamp. Incentive awards are $700 for a session of 12 to 18 consecutive days or $1,000 for a session of at least 19 consecutive days.
ARE THERE RESTRICTIONS?
This is a general incentive program, and is NOT needs based.
Campers may receive only one incentive campership through the One Happy Camper program or the Harold Grinspoon Foundation. If the camper receives an incentive from another One Happy Camper sponsor, they are not eligible for a PJ Goes to Camp incentive.
There are a limited number of PJ Goes to Camp incentives for 2015. Please read the section on "How to Apply" for details regarding the application process.
How to Apply
All applications for PJ Goes to Camp incentives are processed through the Foundation for Jewish Camp's One Happy Camper Website
As part of the registration process you will need a PJ Goes to Camp referral code. Referral codes are distributed to individual campers through the following processes:
- Campers who attend public or non-Jewish private schools: Applications for PJ Goes to Camp incentives on behalf of students who attend public schools and non-Jewish private schools will be accepted at the One Happy Camper website. The website is scheduled to activate for the 2015 camp season during the week of October 20, 2014. Applications for PJ Goes to Camp will continue to be accepted on a "first-come, first-served" basis until all available incentives are awarded. Campers are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to assure availability of the limited incentive funds.
You will be required to enter a PJ Goes to Camp referral code on the first page of your online application. PJ Goes to Camp referral codes will be available beginning October 1, 2014. To receive a PJ Goes to Camp referral code, e-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your e-mail, the camper's name and address as well as the name and address of the PJ Library subscriber if not the camper. Also include the name of the camp you will register for. Because it may take up to a week for the camper's eligibility to be confirmed and the code returned to you by e-mail, please plan your registration time accordingly. Please DO NOT CALL the PJ Library office to obtain your PJ Goes to Camp referral code. There are multiple people monitoring the email@example.com mail and your e-mail inquiry will be acknowledged.
The PJ Goes to Camp referral code you receive will be unique to your camper. Each camper must request and submit a unique referral code. Duplicate or multiple uses of a referral code will invalidate all applications with that code.
- Campers who attend Jewish day schools: Because there are a limited number of incentive grants for campers who attend Jewish day schools, these incentive grants are awarded by lottery. Day school students who wish to receive an incentive award must register for the day school student PJ Goes to Camp lottery by initiating a One Happy Camper application no later than 11 P.M. EST November 9, 2014.
To enter the lottery you must have a PJ Goes to Camp referral code and begun the One Happy Camper registration process. The PJ Goes to Camp referral code you receive will be unique to your camper. Each camper must request and submit a unique referral code. Duplicate or multiple uses of a referral code will invalidate all applications with that code.
Lottery Application Process:
To enter your camper into the lottery for a PJ Goes to Camp/One Happy Camper incentive award, follow the following steps:
1. Register for camp for the 2015 camp season
2. Send a request for your personalized PJ Goes to Camp referral code to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify that you are requesting a day school lottery referral code. Include in the e-mail the following information:
a) Parent's name
b) Parent's mailing address
c) Parent's e-mail address
d) Parent's day-time phone number
e) Camper's name (as they will enroll)
f) Camper's age (as of November 10, 2014)
g) Camper's school (name, city, state)
h) Camp information (name, city, state)
i) Camp enrollment information (session dates to be enrolled)
Because it may take up to a week for the camper's eligibility to be confirmed and the referral code returned to you by e-mail, please plan your registration time accordingly. Please DO NOT CALL the PJ Library office about PJ Goes to Camp. There are multiple people monitoring the email@example.com mail and your e-mail inquiry will be acknowledged. Please note, you will be receiving a unique referral code for one time use. Do not share the PJ Goes to Camp referral code; doing so will invalidate all applications with that code.
3. Complete the One Happy Camper application at www.onehappycamper.org. Enter the PJ Goes to Camp referral code that you were provided.
Lottery selections will take place on or around November 10, 2014. Applicants who are granted incentive awards as a result of the lottery will be notified shortly after the date and will have five working days to complete their One Happy Camper application. Incentive grants for applications not completed within that time interval will be forfeited.
Families who are not awarded PJ Goes to Camp incentives will be notified and be placed on a waiting list should additional incentives become available
Each child must be entered separately for the lottery and once awarded, incentives are not transferable.
In case of dispute, the Harold Grinspoon Foundation reserves the right to resolve issues about PJ Goes to Camp incentives awards and the day school camper lottery.
Apply via One Happy Camper
To apply, use the link below. Enter you PJ Goes to Camp referral code on the first page of your online application. To request your referral code please email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
PJ Goes to Camp is a funder of the One Happy Camper program. Program guidelines and restrictions of the One Happy Camper program will determine incentive eligibility, award and payment procedures within the limits of the One Happy Camper program. The Harold Grinspoon Foundation reserves the right to limit the number of PJ Goes to Camp incentives that are awarded through the One Happy Camper program and to determine eligibility of applicants based on available funds for each category of incentive award. It is the responsibility of the applicant to assure that their application is complete and submitted within the time restrictions specified by the program. The Harold Grinspoon Foundation will be the final determiner of an applicant's PJ Library related eligibility as well as for determining the recipients of awards granted through the lottery system. In case of dispute, the decision of the PJ Goes to Camp director of the Harold Grinspoon Foundation shall be final.
Back to Top