PJ Goes to School
PJ GOES TO SCHOOL (PJGtS) is a program dedicated to enhancing the Jewish content of the classroom. It engages teachers, children, and families in conversations about Jewish values by using PJ Library books as a catalyst. Schools receive PJ books, related resource guides, a monthly eNewsletter, and and professional development. PJGtS is in approximately 500 classrooms in eighteen PJ Library communities -- and growing!
PJ Goes to School:
- Is a values-based Jewish education initiative incorporating PJ books.
- Enhances the Jewish content of the classroom.
- Helps build relationships for shared values between families and schools.
- Engages families in conversations about Jewish values.
- Provides educators with opportunities for professional development.
PJ Goes to School is not a curriculum, and it is not prescriptive. Rather, PJGtS:
- Uses, at its foundation, the creativity and spirit of each teacher.
- Weaves Jewish values throughout each school's existing programs.
- Supports schools as they inspire Jewish conversations in the classroom and in the home.
Visit the PJ Goes to School Educator's Center
There is an application process for communities who would like to participate in PJ Goes to School. For more information about this initiative, please contact PJ Goes to School director Lisa Litman at 413-276-0734 or LisaLitman@HGF.org.